Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lakers #1 again!

I read the article about Bryant's interview but i won't center on that. I'll focus on Lakers.XD


The series was tied, 3-3, it was decided last Friday morning if you're in the Philippines. The game seemed like it was Celtics' early in the game, Lakers defense and offense were lame in the first two quarters. They just keep on trying to catch up but cannot make a lead. Then everything changed after the halftime. The Lakers got their game going and everyone in the team is making points. Not just Bryant, but even bench players. Bryant showed that he can be a good team player that time. Maybe his shooting was crappy that's why he just went to like a "team mode" but it actually was good. The fourth quarter came, the battle between the two neared the end. The firtst lead by the Lakers was achieved through free-throws. The Lakers was good at getting fouls. Bryant even got three even if he was the one who put his hand under the defender's arm. That just showed how important being smart in basketball is. The Celtics tried to catch up by doing consecutive threes but the little Fisher got one as well. In the final minute, an unknown Lakers player got fouled and shot free-throws. He thought we was so good that he jumped all over showing his jersey, an amateur I guess. I remembered a Celtics player that looks like a comedian because of him. After a few seconds, both of them are out.XD In the end, Lakers win 83-79 if I am not mistaken.


This game wasn't as good as other championship games but it was exciting. Lots of turn overs, Failed free-throws, not much amazing shots, and Bryant's cold play made this game boring at some point. But it really showed that people change, perfect example, Bryant, he became a good boy. On second thought, it wasn't boring. Gasol and Artest showed they are good players. Gasol's game was simple but is always effective. He simply moves towards the ring, and shoot, easy as that. Artest showed he can score like Bryant that game. He made lots of points for the team when Bryant's shooting failed. I guess what they say about Lakers isn't true, Lakers have good players other than Bryant.


In the end, the comissioner congratulated the Lakers, gave the trophies and award and gave the mic to the old owner of the Lakers. He was happy because he is rich again, thanks to his team. And again, the unknown player thinks he is the star and stood next to the great ones. He truly is funny yet annoying. I hope I don't see him again in their future games.

Cobarrubias, Arvin Jon B.
c31
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100618/ap_on_sp_bk_ga_su/bkn_nba_finals

No comments:

Post a Comment