Saturday, June 19, 2010

2010 FIFA World Cup is on!!!




Government appeals to the nation to continue rallying behind the country's hosting of the historic 2010 FIFA World Cup.






The South Africa government advises South Africans to show hospitality to visitors during the historic event of 2010 FIFA World Cup. The spokensperson, Themba Maseko, says "The success fo the tournament is dependent on our hospitality as a host nation. After all, this is still our World Cup. It is upon us to make it a success."



Most of the public facilities are open for free during the FIFA World Cup events. The government suggests the visitors that they plan and use these facillities such as Fan Parks and Public Veiwing Areas before watching the actual World Cup events.






I've been longing to write a blog about sports and finally, I can express my excitment of waiting this FIFA WORLD CUP 2010. FIFA WORLD CUP is like Olympics that happens every four years.



Because of this event, I couldn't study much because i definitely ahd to watch the game.



As a South Korean, I watched the game, Korean vs. Greece on June 13,2010. With all my fellow korean friends, we were shouting for our country and fortunately we won by 2:0!! Yeah!! :D I was so thrilled back then.



However... most of the Koreans had the anxiety about Korea fighting against Argentina. The game was on June 23,2010. We had definitely gave out everything to Argentina for they were so powerful and coordinated wisely. we lost by 1:4. It was quite a shame but we still have one more around with Nigeria. Korea really has to win to join the best 16 teams of the World Cup.



The FIFA World Cup is a magnificent event that every nation is thrilled with. I hope all the participating countries do well especially the Republic of Korea :D


Woolim Kim (Cathy) C31 ENGLCOM

No comments:

Post a Comment