Top Gun All Stars- World's #1 Cheerleading team
So why should Cheerleading be an official sport in the Olympic Games? Well if you've watched the video above, you will know that Cheerleaders are not just jolly people who cheer for their schools and universities. They are also athletes and they are the most versatile among them. They dance, they lift, they tumble, they do stunts which are highly death-defying... THEY CAN ALMOST DO ANYTHING!
I decided to join our school's pep squad (CSA Raptors) during the last week of my freshman year. They were recruiting new members back then and because I was impressed by their team, I decided to give it a try. I trained with the team and it wasn't easy at all! Everything looks very easy if you're a part of the audience but it's actually 1000000x harder than it looks (Well, I was exaggerating a bit haha).At first, I can't do a simple lift and I can't even do a decent cartwheel (I always landed headfirst)! But as months went by, muscles started to grow on my shoulders and I learned how to execute simple stunts. During my sophomore year, our team decided to join the National Cheerleading Championship for the very first time. I was very excited and very overwhelmed because we'd be competing with the best squads around the country. Luckily, we reached the National Finals and landed on a decent spot (7th out of 11 teams). After that experience, my love for Cheerleading grew by miles. I started to appreciate it and respect each and everyone who can do the sport very well!
So yeah, Cheerleading should be an Olympic sport because every cheerleader undergoes a very hard training that develops their skills and discipline. Just like every other team sports, Cheerleading is a sport where teamwork is very much needed and a squad should work as one to perfect their routine. I really do HOPE that they consider Cheerleading as an Olympic sport in the future. :)
REYNALD ALENN M. TAN
C31 - ENGLCOM
C31 - ENGLCOM
No comments:
Post a Comment