It’s still the first month of college and my mom’s friends have already been asking me if I have already found a boyfriend in college. Sometimes I reply with a blank stare while most of the time I smile and say, “no”. Do they really think it’s THAT easy for teenage girls like me to get one? I’m sorry but I guess I have to separate myself from the rest. I’m actually the type of girl who is fond of meeting new people, hanging out with friends, and having some random crush on cute guys but I don’t fancy sweet talks and flowers so that’s why they call me “manhid”. It’s not that I’m a man-hater (I did mention previously that I like having random crush on cute guys…hehe); it’s just that I have certain principles that I put in mind. One is that when a guy likes you, it will NOT last so why bother with them? In the long run they’re just going to get tired and soon forget about you. Another thought is that when guys sweet talk, remember that YOU’RE NOT THE ONLY ONE they’ve said it to. Ok, fine, if they DO mean it, then take it as a complement but don’t let it get into your head. So yeah, this is how I see it.
Aside from the “principles” by which my actions are guided by, I consider myself different from other girls because I am not easily lured by the idea of of “love”. You know, there are some girls who go into relationships because of the excitement it brings. They don’t care who they go out with as long as they have tried going on a date or on a movie premiere night with their boyfriends. Sometimes I feel sad for the guys if ever this was the situation. However, there are really girls who get into my nerves. First, they act as if they’re so serious with their guys but who are they kidding? They just want to TRY. They assume they “love” a guy who they will easily dispose off.
Those girls just go lovey-dovey with their boyfriends but when problems come on their ways, they’d let it destroy them. After a break up they then would announce on Facebook how hurt they are and that they’ll NEVER try to find another guy again; but after a couple of months will pass- they’ve already forgotten all about the guy. Like seriously, those girls are just so pathetic. They like playing with their own emotions just so that their love lives would sound like those in the movies. They’re just wasting their time on guys who wouldn’t even matter after three months. This trend usually happens on the first parts of High School; immature guys and gals roam around seeking for experience. As soon as they reach college or so, they then learn to value relationships and that’s the good thing. So… these are my thoughts regarding on infatuation disguised as “love”. I’m Elesia Mae Jo of C31 signing off. ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment