Friday, July 2, 2010

Mother and Daughter

"From the Heart of a Thankful Daughter"
Mother, I know I'm not your responsibility anymore. I'm all grown up...on my own...responsible for myself now and accountable for the consequences of my own actions. But I want you to know that you'll always be with me, in every decision I make.

You are always in my thoughts, in my heart, and on my mind. Because you were so good to me, I know that my life is easier now. I am happier,more balanced, and less afraid.

Your love and approval shaped my destiny, nurtured me, and helped my dreams take flight. Your love is the very fabric of my past that gives shape to my present and weaves together my hopes into the tapestry of my future.

I lean on the lessons I learned in my childhood, the feeling that you thought I was special, and the
belief that I had the best mother in the world. I appreciated you then, and I aprreciate you even more now. I don't know who I would be without your positive influence or where I'd be now. I am so thankful for you.
- Donna Fargo

             When I first read about this poem, it really stoke my heart because this was how I felt about my mom yet I didn't know how to say or express my feelings. Since my mom was all alone without my father after we came to the Philippines. i did not know that it was hard on my mom's part to take care of me and my younger sister. It already has been more than five years since my mom was alone without my father.That's why the relationship between me and my mom got closer and stronger while my relationship with my dad dritfted apart a little bit.
            Actually, my mom is in Korean now for 2 weeks and it's just me and my sister at home. It has been one week since she went to Korean just for vacation. Now that she is gone, i really feel the emptiness without her. It has been really hard living without her since I and my sister have to cook, clean the house and do other things that mom's are supposed to do. I did not know how precious a mom is until the time when she is not here. i did not thank her for everything she did for me. But after readint this poem and the fact that she is in Korea, i really need to thank her for everything. I remember now that it was always my mom who gave me dreams. I would have been a very pessimistic person if she did not cheer me up or give me hope. She would always say "You Can Do It!!" yet i was annoyed with this sentence that i told her stop saying that. However, now, i regret and want to take away those harsh words that i said to her. If it weren't her, I don't know what i would have been. Now that i write about her, I really miss her more than ever and I will call her after finishing this blog. :D I don't actaully say this to her.. but "I love you mom!! ♡ :D"

Source: "The Love Between a Mother and Daughter Is Forever" Patricia Wayant Blue Mountain Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment