Dear [insert name here],
Kamusta? Haven’t heard from you since after our graduation. Hell! I miss you so much, seriously! It’s been about three months since our last conversation. I hate you for ignoring my calls and for not entertaining my text messages. Are you busy? Or you just don’t feel talking to me? It’s okay, dear. I understand.
You know what? I really miss you. If God will allow me to rewind the happenings in my life, I won’t have to think twice because for sure, I will choose the days when we were both enjoying every drop of the rain, savouring every second together. Do you still remember the times when we were laughing so loud anywhere we go, and we don’t care what others will think and say about us? Haha, I miss the way you laugh! That special laugh! That laugh which makes my heart beat the same speed as the light. How about our foolishness inside the campus? I am sure that was during the birthday celebration of a friend, when we really acted like kindergarten pupils, or let’s say untamed animals that just went out of the cage. It’s your fault! You made the first move, didn’t you? You got a handful of the icing of the cake and without any hesitance, you stained my face, my hair, my body, and my uniform! Yes, you did, dear. And there you go, we went home slovenly and we stinked, I believe. Anyway, that was one of the most memorable experiences I ever had, seriously. I also miss the super late hang-outs we did. We never went out of the campus premises, we just talked and talked and talked and made foolishness, foolishness, and foolishness, and we laughed, laughed, and laughed, while devouring our favorite “isaw.” I always treat you, right? Though you want to eat so many foods and I always get flat broke, it’s okay. It does not matter how poor I get. What is important is that, you are happy, and that automatically makes my day extra-complete. =)
You know, each day I spent with you was really treasured, I promise. Hey! Those days really make me nostalgic to the highest level. How I wish I can go back to the past and stop the fast-paced time, just to be with you, even a minute or two. Because when I am with you, every second means like...FOREVER.
I love you. You are my first love. And no matter how hard I try to forget you, to let you go, and to erase everything in my life about you, the same thing happens. I always end up losing.
I wish to say sorry. Sorry for all the things which made you hurt. Sorry for the times when I became so indifferent to you, when I kept snubbing you. It’s because when someone courts you, and you entertain him, damn it. I feel so jealous. Jealous to the highest level. What more when you confess to me that you like him? Ouch, this is where the “emo” thing starts..
Of all your suitors, why him? Why him who happened to be a bestfriend of mine but later turned to be a foe. Why Tin? I don’t get it. Of all the men who are craving for you, why did you choose to love the one who happened to be a best friend of mine but later on betrayed me and caused me a lot of pain in the neck? Do you know how I feel everytime you tell stories about him, that you were so happy during your first date, that he is so cute, so handsome, and so PERFECT. Damn, it makes me see myself the smallest person in the world. It brings down my morale, ruins my day, and destroys my self-esteem.
Until that day...when I’ve fervently decided to confess to you, to let you know how I feel for you...the news spanked me in the face when I knew that he and you are already committed to each other. Well, there is nothing more I can do, but to be happy for you, even though I am honestly not. And there, too, ends our story. The love story that never conformed with the happy endings of the love stories we see in the movies.
Damn it. I never knew how it sucks to fall for a best friend. I love you, palits. Sorry for not telling you, because you never let me. But in case you’ll able to read this, just in case, I want to shout my feelings out. I love you, promise. And I still do!
Your best friend,
Popoy
PAGADUAN, Jesson A.
C31
No comments:
Post a Comment