Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where Do Sports Originated

              "Sport" comes from the old French desport meaning "leisure." There are artifacts that prove that Chinese are the ones who were first engaged to sports. Also pharaohs said that a number of sports are well developed in Egypt many years ago. Starting from ancient times sports were already held every year in Greece that they called Olympia. Sports have given leisure time to developing countries, as time evolves sports became popular or known to people. It came to a time that you can already enjoy to know the exploits of professional athletes in radio, television and internet. In sport you would need to have sportsmanship, it is an attitude to have a fair play and courtesy toward teammates. There are rules that we need to follow in doing sports, different rules for each different sport. The entertainment in sports together with the increase in mass media led the professionalism in sports. But in some cases because in winning games you win money some value traditions are already not followed. The entertainment aspect also means that sportsmen and women are elevated to a celebrity status, because of they became popular of their professionalism.

              Sports to me are not a bad thing. Actually I like sports; it’s just that I’m not good at it. Sport like swimming and badminton are the ones that I can do. But for other sports, I’m not bored to watch but if I will play I can’t. It’s nicer to play the sports than to just sit back and watch them play. But sometimes for me, for the sports that I can’t play, it’s better to watch those who are already good.

             A lot of sports are played with balls. And I sometimes am afraid of balls when they are already in front of me. That’s the reason why I cannot play them because of course those who play them are compliments of them and they are not frightened by it. But I can play these sports with the help of technology; I play golf and other sports in the internet.

             In terms of this topic, I’ not the type of person that is into sports that’s why in this topic I’m not that much excited to do this. But because of this topic, I was able to know something about sports. I don’t have much to say, so goodbye to everyone!

Here is Charmaine Maerose Ngo of C31

Greeting you all a happy weekend!
Happy Father's Day to all Dads'!

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment