Sunday, June 20, 2010

One Big Fight! :)


The NBA fever hasn’t died down yet (Lakers! Champion!) but I can’t wait no more for the opening ceremonies of the UAAP Season 73 to be held on July 10. It will be hosted by De La Salle University and the first game will be against the Green Archers and the UP Fighting Maroons. I am not a sporty person, but whenever I hear the word “UAAP” the first thing that comes in my mind is basketball and I get very, very excited.

.

On the contrary, I am a traitor to my new Alma Mater cause, I’m a Lasallian by name but an Atenean by heart. Oh yes! I’m a huge sport enthusiast of the Ateneo Blue Eagles and I’m pretty sure that I’m not their only fan in Block one. It’s not like I memorized all their players’ name, their titles and their cheers but I shout for joy when they win and I get depress when they lose, I guess that’s all I need to do and feel and there’s no need for me to know technical side.

Just like the Los Angeles Lakers, they hold a back-to-back championship titles. I admire the way Coach Norman Black manages his team,we know that Chris Tiu and JC Intal were the powerhouse of their team and the two most well known too but when they graduated other players excelled in their game which brought victory to the Ateneo Blue Eagles. It only shows the abilities and talents of the true blue champions to stand and fight on their own.

I'm looking forward to watching the first game of the legendary rivals, Ateneo and DLSU this season. According to Br. Bernie Oca, the season 73 president, the blockbuster match-up will be played either on July 24 or 25 at the Big Dome. Wwweee! I’m so excited! BUT! I have a problem, who should I cheer? My Alma Mater: the DLSU Green Archers or My All Time Favorite: The Ateneo Blue Eagles? Oh my, help! :D

Arvie Lotus Grace Belga :)

Source: http://sports.inquirer.net/collegiate/collegiate/view/20100602-273369/UAAP-fires-off-July-10-Archers-take-on-Maroons

No comments:

Post a Comment