Try typing the word "Filipinos" in the Google Philippines search box. Don't press enter yet and wait for the drop down list. What's the first suggestion in the list? Is it "Filipinos are monkeys?" Actually, I'm very surprised in what I saw. I even tried typing the word "Filipinos" in Google English to check if maybe, the only reason it generated such suggestions is because I'm using the Philippine version. But sadly, it's top results are even worse, "Filipinos are not Asians and Filipinos are annoying!
The rumor saying that Mariah Carey called Regine Velasquez a "brown monkey that can sing," is a confirmed hoax way back in 2003. Yet, one of the country's most respected artist is bringing the issue alive again. Freddie Aguilar, which is best known for his famous song "Anak," is criticizing prominent performers Charice Pempengco and Arnel Pineda. "They only prove Mariah Carey right in calling us monkeys. What monkeys see, monkeys do. They only imitate other artists' songs instead of making their own. She's given a chance to sing in Oprah and what did she sang, a Celine Dion song! What's up with that? She could have sang a Visayan song," said Freddie in an interview.
I think Freddie Aguilar is just bitter that his career is somewhat DEAD. He can't accept the fact that he's not famous anymore and there are other Filipino artists than can top the billboard hot charts like him. What does he expect Charice to sing in Oprah, Dandansoy? How stupid can he be to suggest a Visayan song. Will the Americans appreciate Charice's singing if they don't understand a single word she's saying? That would be disrespectful for the Americans. Like the old saying goes, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do," same as "When in America, do as the Americans do." Simple as that! You know what, Freddie Aguilar prove Mariah Carey wrong. Filipinos are not monkeys (stupid Mariah.) We are crabs for Christ sake! Whenever someone is becoming successful, we can't help but to pull that person down. That's just how we are. Mr. Freddie, I've got three words for you,
INGGIT KA LANG!
Juan Carlos Benedicto
C31

No comments:
Post a Comment