Friday, June 4, 2010

Let's Talk Shoes

Let's talk shoes. Personality Parade is an article about shoes!

Meghan Cleary, the creator of Shoe TherapyTM and author of The Perfect Fit: What Your Shoes Say About You, gave Marie Claire a peek on what your shoes say about you! Going overboard and presenting every shoe ever created would give us a long topic to talk about so the magazine showed up four different shoes that 'interprets' one's personality. The lucky four are: safari/animal-printed shoes, wedges, tribal-printed shoes and the t-strap. The first is obviously showing off a person's wild side. The second is the practicality while showing femininity. The third shows the free and sassy while the last speaks of a party mood.

I admit that I am a sneaker fan but I do own other types of shoes. Actually, I sort of own a lot since my mom and I have the same shoe size which helps us have a variety of shoes. Out of the four that were mentioned, I personally own two out of four: the wedge and the t-strap. I have these two because they're the only type that I could walk on and to me fashionable shoes shouldn't overpower the comfort of one. Could you even walk the whole day wearing Lady Gaga's platforms? And where exactly would you wear it without being all Gaga? And yes, I love Lady Gaga.

Wedges are the 'practical' ones since it has support under your whole feet which is better than having all the pressure onto your toes. I usually wear these when I'm in the mood since some outfits look better with height (it totally sucks being short). That is where my femininity aura shows itself in my favorite pair of wedges. Oh and this little leeway could explain to you a bit of my 'why' I have it: My cousins are like giants; they're all around 5'6 to 6'0 so being the smallest at 5'0 I just had to wear wedges when I visited them in America and when we went to the Walk of Fame, I conquered the Walk of Fame in a pair of 3-inch wedges.

My t-strap was what I wore on my JS Prom and Graduation Ball. It's all party-ish and dance floor-ready but I still had errands to run, being a part of our school's student council and all that. Imagine going back and forth, I had to hold the look for the occasion and still feel anything but painful ankles. I had fun those nights being all dressed-up and dancing the night away with my friends then feeling the not-so agonizing pain the next day. The best part about is, the heel didn't fall off.

So shoes, in my opinion, really show different aspects of one's persona. You see the world with different eyes when you step into someone else's shoes. Maybe you see yourself with different eyes when you wear a different pair of shoes. Do you?

Signing off,
Ana Raymundo of C31!

No comments:

Post a Comment