Well, here it is. As the title suggests, it's all about women's clothing. I chose this article because it is the one I saw first when I was browsing reading materials so please don't think I like women's fashion.XD Anyway, the article centers on clothes that are banned in countries around the world like the United States, United Kingdom, Sudan, Brazil, Somalia, Indonesia, and many more. Some countries or places in it have dress codes that are somewhat weird, and here they are:
In the United States, Morehouse College in Atlanta,which is an all-male school, doesn't allow gay students to wear female clothes, for the school male should wear clothes for men. I agree with the school's policy because I saw some cross-dressed students in school, and it's not a very nice view. But somehow I feel sorry for these people because it is a form of discrimination eventhough it is implemented for their own good.
In U.K., the Trade Union Congress wanted employees to stop wearing stilettos. They want to ban high heels in workplaces because they think wearing high heels is a threat for human lives. I don't think ladies would follow this because most girls wear these for them to look tall, and for them, tall is good.
In Somalia, women are not allowed to wear bras. It may seem stupid but it is true. Do you know what's the reason? It is simple, it's not Islamic. I feel sorry for these people because if they were caught, they will be forced to shake their breasts and then be publicly whipped. This really shows how lucky Filipino women are. They can freely choose what they want to wear without being hurt.
In Western Indonesia, women are not allowed to wear pants or anything that reveals the curves. Guess what the reason for this ban is. I know you know what the answer is, it is also not Islamic. Luckily, officers don't beat them up unlike their Somalian counterparts. I guess I will never understand how Muslims think.
This article maybe useless for me but it is very much useful for women. This article will make them realize how important proper clothing is and how lucky they are if they are not experiencing any of these situations. May they be enlightened to follow the school's dress code because most boys, not all unfortunately, like girls who dress simple yet pleasant to the eyes. This is it, my blog for a hated topic, fashion.XD
Arvin Jon B. Cobarrubias
C31
MARIE CLAIRE/MARCH 2010/P.116

No comments:
Post a Comment