Every time I hear music, I just can't help my body from moving with the tune or beat of the music. Although, I sometimes minimize my movements, so that people around me won't notice. I do love dancing, but I'm always be that shy type of person. I will only dance in public if I have companions or there's a prepared dance choreography, but when I'm alone... that's the time where I love to dance the most.
I love to dance during late hours, where everybody is already sleeping (except for me of course), because it's the time when silence strikes and when no one else can see me dancing. The only sound that I hear during these times is the music, therefore allowing me to feel it even better. I choose those songs with lively tunes when I'm feeling happy, krump songs when I'm angry, etc. Kristy Nilson, a dancer and choreographer, once said, "dancing is the world's most favorite metaphor." This quote proves to be true to me. I express myself through dancing and that's the main reason why I do.
Whenever I am scared, I dance those fears off. Whenever I feel like I ain't progressing with my assignments and projects, I dance to refreshen myself up. Whenever I need to let my emotions out, I express them through dancing. I can incorporate the principles of dancing to basketball, another favorite hobby of mine, by treating the movements of my opponent as my music. For now, happiness is just a dance away. (Sigh) It feels great that I have learned how to dance because it helped me a lot. I'm thanking all of those people who has inspired me to dance for without them, I can't achieve this extreme happiness that dancing has given me.
Let me end this with a video made by Eddie Uehara. The video that inspired me to dance.
Miranda, Gerald Kim T.
C31
No comments:
Post a Comment