Sunday, June 6, 2010

"You are what you wear." Tsss. :|

Narciso Rodriguez is one of the best clothing designers in the world (well, his parents never thought he will be one. They thought that he would be a lawyer or a dentist). Making sexy designs is definitely not his goal. He's an "old-school" designer which means that he doesn't think that the dress should ever overpower a woman. Because of his endearing designs, Calvin Klein, Aeffe (manufacturers of Alberta Ferretti and Jean Paul Gaultier), Liz Claiborne, and Anne Klein became some of his clients. According to him, true design shouldn't be limiting and clothes should be comfortable. He loves T-shirts in style.

The article really struck my attention. Narciso Rodriguez and I believe in common ideas. One of which is being "old-school." I actually don't believe in the phrase "You are what you wear." Of course, FASHION is love, love, love! ♥ I like mixing and matching different clothes but the more important thing is ME. I always check if my get-ups reflect my personality. I won't ever wear clothes which will make me look like a rocker. It's totally NOT me!

I also agree with him that true designs shouldn't be limiting. TRUE DESIGNS should go beyond of what you could always see. In the Philippines nowadays, you could always see people ANYWHERE wearing checkered-designed clothes. Well, I have clothes like that too and I get irritated every time I see people wearing clothes that have same style as mine. B-)

Whenever I prepare the clothes I would wear the next day, I always see to it that I will be comfortable enough wearing clothes. Wearing sleeveless clothes during a cold is absolutely a no-no!

Fashion makes me high but my world shouldn't be all about it. My university doesn't require uniform and it doesn't pressure me at all. Simplicity is the real beauty. ♥♥♥





"It's not that simple. It's actually quite complex - but it starts out simple." -- Narciso Rodriguez.

SOURCE: Anne Slowey (June 2010). Modern Love. Elle Magazine. Page 217.

Roxanne Mikaela Theryss S. Dalistan
C31
BSA

No comments:

Post a Comment