Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yumi's JPOP Series - 4: My Favorite Female Group Songs

For my last post in C31's ENGLCOM blog, I decided to talk about three of my favorite japanese songs which were released this month or next month.


1] ℃-ute – Danceでバコーン! (Dance de Bakoon!) [Release Date: 2010.08.25]





℃-ute is an all girl idol group by Hello! Project, a company who trains young girls to become idols. This is their 13th single, and so far, my most favorite ℃-ute song since their single last January. My first impression was that the song is quite weird. On the first verse, (pardon me for saying this) they sound like drunk girls~~and then on the chorus part, the song became weirdly cheerful and bubbly. But after listening to it for three times, I came to love it <3!!!! I still don't like the first part that much, but the chorus is sooooooooooooo nice and addictive!!!! If the composer just change a bit of the tone, then the song will be a hundred times better!!! Music-Video wise, I think their sparkly black offshoulder top is a bit too old fashioned for them. They're still sixteen to eighteen year old teens!!! All in all,-I rate this song a 4/5


2]  AKB48 - Heavy Rotation  [Release Date: 2010.08.18]







OMG THIS SONG ROCKS! Yes, at first I thought that it's just a simple cute Japanese song, with quite a "sexy" music video (which is totally not related to the song at all), but when I understood the meaning, I loved the song immediately! It talks about loving someone very much, to the point that the person always pops in your mind everytime. It's a sweet, truthful, and innocent song. Moreover, it's sung by my most favorite girl group ever!!! AKB48! Yay! I was also glad that my favorite member was part of the ones who have solos, even though I do not like the center girl. She was voted as the most popular one so the company placed her in the middle. The album cover girl is also her. I don't have anything against her, but I really think that the girl with the short hair who sang one part together with the center girl should be placed in the middle. Actually, she was the number one girl before, but unfortunately, she was overtaken by her very close friend.......Anyway, I rate this song a 4.5/5!! 


*The video of the Heavy Rotation is their “live” performance, not the “sexy” one >.<”


3] Perfume -  VOICE [Release Date: 2010.08.11]





Yay! I LOVE ELECTROPOP! Perfume is also a girl group which makes electro pop music. What caught me was the very interesting dance steps Perfume does on every single they release. This one is also great :)! Although the english part, which is the "Everything you need to know the voice", does not make sense~~~the song's still nice! Also, the video has the part wherein the three members pose and a big cardboard passes through them. That, for me, was very cool! I rate this song a 4/5


4] Watari Rouka Hashiri Tai - Gyu [Release Date: 2010.09.01]





Gyu~Gyu~Gyu!! >0<3 I loved the innocent message it projects, saying "to embrace or to hug me" right now. Gyu means "hug" by the way :)). I was entertained by the music video because they used a balloon-like thing to represent the guy >U< It was just too cute! Especially the part where Harugon suddenly ran and hugged the balloon person~! and also the part where she kissed it~!!!...or him...hahahahaha! This one is my most favorite song yet! Therefore, I rate this a 5/5~! Perfect 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment